Customer of “Floating Object” project is a private investor.
The aim of INSART team was to create a Floating Object application for Android platform and web back-end application. Floating Object application had to offer users the advertisement of different goods when web application was to manage users and companies that are willing to advertise their goods.
Floating Object (Android application)
The solution is a transparent object moving over the stationary icons on the screen. Floating Object can be of any shape and float in any direction. The Object contains a picture. When the picture is pressed, phone connects to the corresponding website and displays it on the screen.
Floating Object is downloaded from the website and installed on smart phone. Picture and web link will be pulled from the website to the phone. When user clicks on the picture, the phone connects to the Internet and displays the corresponding website. If there are multiple websites associated with the advertisement, the phone shows a popup window with choices (for example: coupons, store location finder, main webpage). The advertisement is shown to the user only when he is subscribed to this company. If user clicks any place else on the screen or any button, the floating object disappears.
Stationary application icon on the phone displays all currently available advertisements of the companies user is subscribed for. When user clicks the advertisement, corresponding web link is displayed. Than it acts the same way as floating object. User can change the shape of Floating Object and the interval at which it appears on the screen.
The easy-to-use interface of web application enables users to simply download the Floating Object application.
Web application is managed by administrator that has the following options:
- Registration of companies willing to advertise their goods via Floating Object.
- Adding of advertisements of already registered companies.
- Viewing, editing, deactivating and deleting of the advertisements.
- Assignment of registered companies to users.
- Assignment of users to each registered companies.
- Companies deleting from the web application or editing information about them.
- Viewing of the user registration information.
- Deleting of users or locking of their accounts.
- Web application tracks all websites visited via Floating Object and administrator has opportunity to view them.
- Java, JEE6, Spring
- IDE: Eclipse
- Web-design: Servlets, JSF, PrimeFaces
- DBMS: MySQL
- Java for Android
- IDE: Eclipse
- DBMS: SQLite, ORMLite 4.33
- Android API 8, 10
INSART has developed Floating Object application and web application which give users the following main opportunities:
- Companies can place the advertisement of their goods on the developed web application.
- Users constantly receive advertisements of the companies they are subscribed for.
- Clicking on the picture of Floating Object, the phone connects to the corresponding website and user can view goods and services that are offered.
- User can manage the downloaded application (change the shape of Floating Object and the interval at which it appears on the screen).
- INSART team worked closely with the customer.
- The customer cooperated with the team of smart and professional software engineers, QA engineers and project manager.
- The project was rapidly implemented.
- Due to the good results the customer is planning a new phase of the product development.